Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Checking In


Well, so far the larger room addition is winning. I had a feeling it would! I love the design myself, I just don't love the price. Any feedback in regards to how much value it would add compared to how much it would cost would be appricated. We've recieved an estimate of about $20G to add on the large room, and $10G for the small room. But then we'll be looking at probably another $5G to add on a new deck since we'll have to take out the current one for the larger room. So if we add on $25Gs worth of house (some of that plus interest on a construction loan), I basically need to find out how much that will raise our property value... We'll be lucky to have the $5Gs for the deck... we'll have to take out the full $20G for the room... if we did the small room, we'd probably have half that available to us in a year. So yeah, cost wise the small room is better... space wise the larger room is better... but what will be better "value" wise?

No comments: